Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thats the heat son!

The Thursday night ride was pretty good. I got dropped on my way out, then on the way back I tried to break away from everyone. I looked back and saw Mertz chasing me down, so I tried to go a little harder my legs were feeling pretty good. I looked back again and Dave was chasing now, so I again tried to add a little rocket sauce to my engine. They ended up catching me shortly after that. But I was able to hang on with them and take a few turns pulling. I wish I could ride like that every time. I'm starting to feel more efficient in my pedal strokes, if I get to tired I forget about it and my pedal stroke becomes craptastic. So after I turned off to head back home I realized that Christy was gone and I didn't have a key to get in the house. So I started to head to her parents were she was via the greenway trails. I ended up seeing Pat, Doug, Stokes, Dave, and Nick stopped on the side of the road. Someone had threw a soda can at Nick and they were waiting to see if the car would come back. So I road with them up towards Home Depot, and then turned off to head to my inlaws. Some people just don't respect cyclists, but they probably envy us more than anything deep down. Because we can wear spandex and ride far and fast.

Queen City Twilight Crit. This was a great race.





Belle was a big hit at the race.

She was starting to get tired though.

The aftermath.


Belle is doing good still working on potty training, and crate training. She really hates the crate though. She also hates walking on a leash I have to basically drag her across the ground. Oh well shes only 7 1/2 weeks old.

12 comments:

ScottyD said...

Are you taking the networking classes @ OTC? How are they? More home networking or are they more broad based?

ScottyD said...

Also how good is the IT Department there? In your opinion of course

Melody! said...

That was fantastic cycling on your part last nite.
You can see in those QC Crit pics that you are lower than those other cats.
I took the greys for a long walk the other nite and they were pooped for two days...amazing how easily dogs get tired.

Brad Jackson said...

Yeah Scott I'm getting my AA in Networking Technology. They are very, very technical and dry. All the teachers in that department are great though they really know their stuff and make it fun. Also they are based more on bigger networks like OTC's network, or maybe a hospital, or Jack Henry. For example in my routing and remote access class we had to configure a network through swithces and routers these are not your home based stuff it's all command line interface no GUI. That was the hardest class so far. The IT department is great there are some really smart people there. The head of the IT department sometimes will burst into our classes and go crazy on the whiteboard trying to explain something to us. There is also the network security advisor one of his jobs is to crack students passwords to log onto the network. I probably went a little more in depth than you asked but it is a great dept.

Mike I'm getting used to riding more aero now. But I'm afraid when school starts it's going to geeb me out again. We took Belle for a walk last night she did better not so much dragging her she would run then stop and whine then run again.

ScottyD said...

That was the type of answer I was looking for. I'm more interested in the big networks. I'm wanting to network all my PLC's @ work together but need to get some more instruction on bigger networks first. Have self taught myself the home stuff by stealing internet from my neighbors(not really).

Brad Jackson said...

How many PLC's?

ScottyD said...

I can only link 32 together since that is the capacity of the DH-485+ network the SLC 500/Micro Logix use. But I have 47 of them on the floor. SO it would be a pretty big network.

Brad Jackson said...

Thats some industrial stuff huh. I would imagine you probably have to use the DH-485's. Could you not use a Cisco based router to connect those PLC's? Im not to familiar with those devices, we mainly just use commercial based Cisco routers and swithces.

ScottyD said...

Very Industrial. Not sure that's why I'm looking into classes.
http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/214372/1535907/3404063/tab3.html

ScottyD said...

Network

Brad Jackson said...

Tough. If each of those PLC's has a unique IP address you could try subnetting them or using CIDR notation although I never understood them very well. I'm not much help here:(

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a67f5.shtml

ScottyD said...

thanks for the link. Will read up on it when I get some time.

I think since its a LAN configuration you have to set up a token ring network, I think....