Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dog days of summer

I have been wanting a dog for quite sometime. It's just that me and Christy feel we wouldn't have enough time for one. We don't have a fence so that could be a problem, I would have to train the dog to stay in the yard. Although with my last dog Beulah the boxer I trained myself quite well while still living with my parents. Is it really that expensive to have a dog? I have come across one at the humane society that is already housebroken and only 6 months old. They call him Dakota I was thinking more along the lines of Rupert though.

Info on him.
Dakota is a 6 month old Boxer/Lab mix. He is up to date on shots, has been dewormed, and will be neutered at the time of adoption. He is very sweet and lovable. He is housebroken and does wonderful with children. He loves squeaky toys and riding in the car. If you are interested in Dakota, please contact the Humane Society and have hisID # ready. The adoption fee is $50.

ID #:A04858220




You can tell he has some Boxer in him from those legs and feet

10 comments:

Skip-o-la said...

That's a good looking dog, sounds like I might have a job for you at the crit running a finishline camera? I'll email you in the next few days with details. Cool beans. I'll be sure to have plenty of diet coke on hand for you.

Melody! said...

I kinda see, from experience, that riding and or racing a bike is similar to dog/pet ownership in that all of the sudden there is a BIG bill that comes along every so often.
I had to take Bill in because he was having trouble laying down and getting up etc. He was diagnosed, which is great but there was a $400 bill afterward. I have four dogs so I get a big suprise like that about once or more a year.
Then there are shots every year and flea and heartworm meds that are a MUST. Mebbe teeth cleaning(Greys need this yearly:( and grooming(Greys have no dog odor!). Food can cost little or a lot depending on the quality and wholesomeness.

ScottyD said...

I have two pound puppies, they are the best kind. They appreciate being alive & having an owner more. They can cost you but so can everything else in life. He looks a lot like my oldest pup Lucky.

Brad Jackson said...

Bill is awesome!! With the economy and lack of funds due to gas and groceries we would feel the pinch, but the dog needs a home and I'm positive he would be happier at my house than the pound. I would have already picked him up today but Christy is the rational one and won't let me. Good for you Scott, I have been to that Petland place and tthey sell their dogs for thousands of dollars. It would be best like you did to adopt.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Quit copying off of Mertz.

Melody! said...

Dogs are best! Orphaned dogs are best.
Puppy mills drool. Petland sells from puppy mills.
Have you ever seen/smelled those mills on the Dogwood course? This area is a hotbed for this nasty human activity. Too often humans breed animals to suffer.
I hear ya about the price of gas and groceries...it is crazy!

Brad Jackson said...

Joey quit being in the Ambigously Gay Duo. Thanks for the pulls Thurs. Dakota has been adopted, but not by me.

Anonymous said...

So you and an "Unidentified" were riding through Phelps Grove the other day, huh? Got a good picture of the two of you practicing for the crits. But I can't tell which of you is in the drops and which one is celebrating in erectus glee:

http://www.cyclelicio.us/uploaded_images/9665.14242.f.jpg-788347.jpg

Brad Jackson said...

Thats you in the drops Im nobodys bitch.