Friday, July 4, 2008

Saturday's Geebzilla Ride Arkansas!!!!!

This one is in Arkansas up Mt. Nebo, Red Hill, and Blackjack Mtn. I'm going to Mt. Vernon for our cousins wedding reception close to a 4 hour drive. I haven't been in a little while and never even thought about looking at a map for some good riding possibilities. These climbs will be the longest I have ever done I'm looking forward to it. I will also have a full support vehicle compliments of my wife, she doesn't want me getting lost and I don't either. Got up this morning to go on the July 4Th ride and it started to rain about 8:00am I had already had breakfast so I watched the weather a little longer and it didn't look like it was going to let up so I went back to bed. Though the sun kept waking me up so I probably should have gone.
http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Mount-Vernon-Bike-Ride



5 comments:

Skip-o-la said...

glad to hear that someone else went back to bed because of the rain. I guess those mo-fo's still went, said it was great.

Brad Jackson said...

Arrgghh. Thats how it's been going for me lately. Thats why I didn't do the thursday night ride, I decided to go solo for a couple of hours since I got off work early.

Melody! said...

The 4th ride was the most glorious day that I or anyone who attended have ever experienced in their whole lives ever!
It had everything! Sprinkles of rain, rooster tails, fog, clouds, sun, hills, attacks, steady state, tootling along, talking about funny things, and worms! There was even a water stop at the TA Truck stop for water where it smelled of coffee and cafe food!
I'm going again next year!

Melody! said...

Oh. I guess the old saying is true..."you snooze you loose".

Anonymous said...

A half mile into my ride today I felt as if someone stabbed my ankle with a needle. I looked down and there was a hornet/wasp there. He was a big boy. It was not a Secada Killer so maybe it was just wasp but he was a big brown badass. Nevertheless, I followed up the sting with an 84 miler with climbs.

I wonder if I'll start getting stronger now since I was stung by the hornet...kinda like the Spiderman effect.