Saturday, July 12, 2008

Life as of Now

The summer semester is almost to and end. The last speech I gave in public speaking was a commemorative speech and I chose Paris Roubaix as my topic. I practiced it at least 50 times as we needed to be at 4min give or take 10 seconds. I was the first to go in class just the way I like it. My speech ended up being 3min and 28sec. Although I think I still did good so we will see. Got a C on my last math test I'm really starting to wonder if I'm going to be able to make it through this class with a chapter test and a final to go. Public speaking has been good for me I feel more comfortable now speaking in front of large groups. ON the family forefront I was in Arkansas last weekend did some riding that I thought was going to feature some pretty descent climbs but nope pretty much flat. I did get to see my wife's family though all the cousins were so very cute, and everyone there is so nice especially Uncle Fred and Aunt Charlotte. On cycling news I did the Tuesday night ride got dropped like a little biatch oh well still a fun ride to do. I went with Curtis today we rode around Rogersville and Ozark for a couple of hours came back to my house and Christy had pasta made for us, so we ate and finished watching stage whatever it was of the tour. I got some new cycling shoes that are causing me pain still getting used to them, and trying to get the cleats aligned just right. My old shoes were black, and all they had was white so I went with those. They are growing on me now and I also noticed that nobody in the Tour rides with black shoes they are mostly white. So that's whats been going on with me counting down the days till school is out 4 weeks off then another semester begins with twice the workload, I hope this pays off end the end.
Pictures From Arkansas
Lily, Kaylee, Hannah


Uncle Fred and his Dad



Hannah, Harmony, Kaylee, Tyler, Lily, Hailey


Sweet Maci, being shy

Maci's big sister Kassidy (definitely not as shy)



Riding In Arkansas


Curtis Attacking me today

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife does some Math tutoring if you are interested. She teaches math in the Ozark school district and loves helping individuals learn the wonders of math. I think she's a geek but then again I always hated math...CMac

Melody! said...

That second vid is pretty much the view we had of him on the Thurs nite ride!

Brad Jackson said...

Thanks Cale but since the semester is almost over it's probably a lost cause:( Hopefully I can pull through with a C because I have to take another math class after this one.

Mike he is a fast little twirp.