Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cycling God's are looking down on me.

I had been looking forward to this Sundays ride for a few days. The weather was perfect and a big group showed up. About 20min. in I had to take a piss so bad that I had to just stop and do it. I told everyone that I would catch up as we were following the QC century route. I started to descend down Sunshine and could see the group. I swear it looked like they turned at Turners, so that's the way I went and when I got to the short climbs I knew I had gone the wrong way. So I had to hammer it up the climbs and circle back around I could finally see the group and caught up pretty quick. Then right as I'm about to sit in and recover BOOM goes the dynamite I hit a rock almost lost it then my front tire starting hissing. I had a pinch flat. So Mertz came back and was helping me change the tube out, then I look at my back tire and notice it was flat too. That's when I wanted to throw my bike over the fence. So I told Mertz and Skip to just go ahead it would have taken way to long to get a tube from someone else and change both out. Good guys though I could tell they didn't want to leave me but there was nothing to be done except call the wife to pick me up. So I called the wife and while I was waiting I thought I would just go ahead and repair the front tire. So I start shooting the C02 in there and it's not holding pressure turns put the tube I had in my saddle bag had a hole in it as well. The wife picked me up and then dropped me off at Hickory to get my car. I got home put on my extra wheels and headed out. I actually had a pretty good ride did close to 3 hours and around 55 miles. I starting to think I put to much pressure into my tires. I usually run 120psi on Michelin's. I don't know anything less feels like there is not enough in there.

5 comments:

ScottyD said...

90-110psi on Michelin's.

Anonymous said...

Max pressure on Mich is 116. Since your a Buffalo Butt but shedding the bacon, then I recommend 116 but NOT higher. I always top my mich's off at 116 even though I'm relatively light.

Brad Jackson said...

mmmmmmmmmm bacon....Maybe I need a tire that holds more max psi for my buffalo butt.

Anonymous said...

It only seems like there is not enough pressure because Mich has a supple ride.

Melody! said...

Just say no to Turners!