Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Depression Hurts:(

As of late I have been feeling more depressed than usual. I don't know if it is school, work, or what I hate about cycling. I love riding my bike, I also enjoy going on group rides and learning things from other people, be it if they are more knowledgeable or less knowledgeable about it, not one person can know everything about cycling. I have met some really nice people since I started cycling, and have become healthier. But I have also met some not so nice people in cycling, maybe they make fun of people because their kit doesn't match or maybe they actually try to harm someone on the road intentionally. All these thoughts probably are stemming from a message board I was at but I have been feeling this way for a while. Cycling is so important to me, but my family, school, and work trump it by a longshot. I don't understand what the mumbo jumbo is about. Is it because it's an expensive sport, and people think I have this bike and that kind of taint cream. I honestly have a hard time affording to fund this hobby. Yes I do have a nice bike, yes I might get some wheels but from what I started out on everyone deserves an upgrade now and then. The only thing I keep picturing in my head is Iban Mayo in I think it was the 2003 tour when he was bonking and a rider on a different squad gave him a helping hand on a climb. To me that is what cycling is about. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!! RANT OVER

4 comments:

Outsideguy said...

Brad,

You are one of the hardest working cyclist I know and you have come a long way since I first met you. I enjoy riding with you and watching your intensity and focus. You are a good guy and just remember the good guys always win. See you at TOM TT?

Roger

Melody! said...

This is something that goes through my mind when the voices get loud. atmo.

ps. PG-13

pps. high five!

ppps. Cache Rogerisms.

Black Oak Racing Team said...

Brad,
I have a question about work. Could you call me please.
T

Anonymous said...

Ahh...techno, trance, house, ambient...I remember that stuff.