Sunday, September 7, 2008

Arkansas is so close.....yet so far away.

Me, Adam, and Mertz headed down to Jasper yesterday. To say the least I was impressed. The hills were insane, the one with the switchbacks was the best yet the worst. It seemed like I couldn't go over 5-6 MPH but I was having fun taking in the views. Adam had a rear derailleur problem that sucked up a bit of time. I felt like total crap for most of the ride, just couldn't get my legs to function. They told me the end of the route was lumpy but the climbs were bigger than any of the biggest climbs around here. The last thing we did was go downhill for 3 1/2 miles it was the most wicked thing I have ever done.

Just leaving the park

Right before the biggest climb of the day.


Maybe Mertz should be a photographer.

One of the many switchbacks.


Thats it Brad take the inside of the turn where it's the most steep.


Top of the big Mountain.


Problems


Wow. Where are we?

6 comments:

Melody! said...

Is that Claude Raines in the middle?

Anonymous said...

Bitchin' (that's 80's slang for cool or neat or awesome or terrific or wow)

Steve Inmon said...

Fantastic ride, I puked the first and only time I rode it. MM is pretty keen with the camera. What kind of wheels is he sporting?

curtis collins said...

I want to ride that! those climbs look insane. Was that a route that you can put on paper, Do any of you have it?

Brad Jackson said...

Steve, Mavics. Curtis I don't know I just go were they go.

Steve Inmon said...

Aha, the Carbone's in Stealth mode...