Friday, August 15, 2008

Last nights ride was full of attacks. Every time I would get comfortable sombody would pick up the pace. I got dropped on 186 into Rogersville. On the way back I rode off the front a little bit only to be caught, well I knew I would get caught I just wanted to put a little effort in. After crossing 125 Dave was on the front going up the rollers so I decided to hammer it up the last one only to blow up at the top. Stayed at the front until the false flat then Cale came whizzing by and I hesitated and fell off the back a little. Every time I would start to close in on them they would speed up I just could never get up there. Coming up to old 65 Skip pulled in front of me and started pulling I could barely hold his wheel I was so tired. It still amazing how fast some of these guys are, it seems like yesterday a fast ride for me was a 10mph average speed. Last nights ride was 21.3mph average.

2 comments:

curtis collins said...

yeah that was fun, after me,cale,dave and 2 other people got off the front we played cat and mouse all the way until the climb at the end, and I just let them battle it out, there is no way I could of stayed with them guys up that thing, maybe next year?

Brad Jackson said...

Good ride last night Curtis. Maybe in the next 10 years I will be able to hang with them:)