Saturday, January 12, 2008

Good Ole Day

Went for a ride today with Mertz and Jason Ward. We made it to Fair Grove, and Fruitland as well. Nice to check out some new scenary. We also saw some of the damage caused by the tornado in Strafford had me thinking how lucky I was to still have my home. I ended up doing about 4 1/2 hours and 74 miles. My knee pain was acting up the last hour. It's driving me nuts.

Took a picture of the picture taker and Jason.



We also stopped at a Revolutionary War Cemetary to pay our respects. It was pretty cool.



4 comments:

Melody! said...

Way to hang in there! I wish I would of known your knee was hurting during the ride, we could of stopped and done something about.

McQueary is going to be so jealous that we stopped at the cemetary w/o him.

Thanks for taking pics this round. Did you have your camera in some sort of waterproof covering when in your jersey pocket?

Brad Jackson said...

I was hurting by the end of the ride. Jason pulled me to Hickory and I had my wife pick me up there. It's pretty sore today even hurts to walk on. Should I take some time off the bike? Maybe I'm not giving it time to heal. I have been iceing it and going to massage the thigh tonight. No I did not have my camera in a waterproof covering. Is that bad? HA HA HA. Any pointers on the knee and maybe bike position would be appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Omega-3 supplements might help. These are good fatty acids that can remedy joint pain; also they benefit the heart and brain.

As Mike mentioned in an earlier post do not take off, rather do more recovery rides or light spinning for an hour more often until it heals.

Melody! said...

I noticed some haze on that first pic and I remember getting the same thing on some of my pics. I figured out that the atmospheric moisture and or the moisture given off my body where the camera was located, would get into my camera and somehow cause this effect. It would really p-me off because some shots were unusable...unless of course you are going for the Gloria Swanson effect.