Saturday, April 5, 2008

Craptastic

I went for about an hour ride today. Then I started to work on my bike. You know clean the chain, lube it up, and change the tires to prepare for Dogwood. I was replacing the back tire and the wheel fell over on the ground and a spoke came out. So I had to take it up to A&B and drop it off. Pat called me and said he had good news and bad news. The bad news was I think the hub was cracked or something anyway it would have to be replaced by the warranty. But the good news they let me use a loaner Mavic sl that's a little lighter than what I have now. Pat said I could use until my new wheel came in. So I should be able to fly up the hills tomorrow or not. I keep playing over and over in my head what I'm going to do in the race. I need to just chill out and have fun. I mean it's not like I'm getting paid to race. Everyone wants to do good though. Last year my goal was to finish the Dogwood and I didn't do to bad 35th place. So I guess I have come a long way for smoking a pack a day for 10 years. I have quit smoking for about 2 years now and started to exercise right after I quit. I started running on a treadmill for 30 min I could run a mile in about 13 min. Then I started cycling while I continued to run I could ride for about 5 miles and feel like I was going to die. I lost about 45 pounds now I can ride my bike for miles, and the slowest I can run a mile is 10 minutes. So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm just happy to be able to do something as epic as ride the Dogwood course.

No comments: