Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tests Tests 123

I had a test today in my Cisco routing class. It beat me up I can't get a grasp on this subnetting different networks stuff. I hear that it just takes a lot of practice. I probably wont be doing as many races this year as I would like to because of school, gas prices, lodging and everything else that costs money to attend. I have been training a bit on the trainer(hate it slowy going crazy am I crazy going slowly). Are rollers more fun? I would imagine so.Im hoping to do the Dogwood Saturday or a group ride of some sort. It seems that the races in Springfield are going to be very cool. Im looking forward to the Queen City Twilight Crit and the one at the woodhurst office complex. It should be a fun weekend of racing. The only thing I wonder about the twilight crit is the amount of homeless people on commercial street. I grew up going there to work with my dad all the time so Im used to it. I just hope they don't bug the racers to much but hey they might enjoy watching and we can have a bunch of drunk homeless people cheering us on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rollers make your eel go numb if you stay on them too long at one time. But you'll be a little better handler.

I used to box down there on Commercial St. at Lewis' Boxing Gymn before I became a bike bitch. Hal the owner and age 57 can still kick just about anyones ass. Sometime I call him (H)Ali.

Just use Hal as crowd control.

Brad Jackson said...

That place has been down there for as long as I can remember. I always wanted to go in there and check it out. I just assumed that when you walk in the door they kick your ass.

Melody! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody! said...

Rollers are a fun thing to learn. They a great thing for the cyclist to master.

My friend Alan Loyd who I met training and racing in the early 80's lived down there above his dad's store, Springfield Trim. Competitor of Walt's?

Brad Jackson said...

My dad said that Springfield Trim was originally in the building were Walts was. Walt leased that building from the owner, and Springfield Trim moved down the street. My dad worked for Walt when he got back from Vietnam and ended buying Walt's when Walt passed away. He also purchased the building. Then in 1998 we had a massive fire and lost the whole building the city tore it down a week later. But we owned some storage buildings behind the orignal building and thats were we are today. From what my dad said Springfield Trim did sell upholstery but ended up moving over to house carpet and other things. Thats why we have a big parking lot.