Monday, December 31, 2007

I'm falling apart

So I headed out today to go for a ride. I was planning on riding to A&B to get some lube and other stuff. So I make a right on CC from waterford and get hit by gail force winds. Then my right knee started hurting to the point where I couldn't shake it off, and ended up aborting the mission. Overuse do I need a break? It has been bothering me on the last few rides nothing unbearable though, until today. I did lower my handlebars 1cm and raise my saddle 1cm about a week ago so I went ahead and changed it back to the old position. At least I gotta good ride in yesterday with Mertz. Hell of a guy, wish there were more cyclists/people like Mertz. Here is a pic from yesterday me givin some sheep the stink eye. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya, I reckon Gail winds are a bitch, but so is Gale. Bitches will be beaten.

How is the stomach? Yogurt might help too b/c it has acidophilus which is a good bacteria the stomach and intestines need. This breaks food down into lactic acid and other stuff that makes it difficult for bad organisms to survive. But the lactic acid could be a double-edged sword for a cyclist. But I really don't know if that much lactic acid is produced to inhibit performance. Probably not but I don't know for sure. Who really knows man, just ride.

Melody! said...

Thanks Brad. You are good company.

Perhaps I can help you with your knee issue.
Where is the pain at exactly?
Is there any pain anywhere in your quads? Sore type of pain or sharp while you probe around with you fingers?
Why do you feel you may be overtrained? Explain your recent intensive physical activities.

Brad Jackson said...

Mike, pain is on the right knee, on and little to the left of the knee cap. No pain when feeling around on knee or from walking. I have started my running up again thats the only thing I can think of that would be causing it. Also I did those four days of intervals in a row maybe I should just take a week off from everything?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

http://www.forpetlovers.com/images2/ZISBN2240-9.jpg

Melody! said...

Brad,
Is there any pain in the quads? I know you have knee pain but what about the quads? Top, sides and even back of the leg?
Do not take completely off! If you want to recover then do this for 4-5days depending on the outcome of your knee pain. GEt on trainer for 30'/day and keep your pedal cadence 100+ and feel your legs relax and "flap" real supple like. Keep you heart rate below 110 bpm. THIS is RECOVERY.

Brad Jackson said...

NO pain in the quads. I was planning on riding the trainer tonoght anyways so I will give those sessions a try. Thanks alot dude.